IVLA’s newest curriculum offering, Acellus, is a computer-based learning tool that has the capacity to “capture” any course and turn it into a mastery-level learning experience. Students learn at their own pace, allowing advanced students to move quickly through the course material, while students requiring more time to complete the work are given as much time as they need. Acellus is a mastery level delivery system that operates using video-based instruction designed to customize itself to serve each student’s individual learning needs.
Acellus is a project of the International Academy of Science (IAS), a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. The IAS uses master teachers who are experts in their field of knowledge to develop all Acellus courses. Through its partnership with Acellus and the IAS, IVLA offers:
- Elementary/K-5: Grade level math, language arts, reading, science, history and social studies plus courses
for students with Special Education needs.
- Middle School/6-8: Grade level math, language arts, reading, science, history and
social studies plus health studies.
- High School/9-12: Grade level math, language arts, reading, science, history and social studies plus AP,
CTE and high school equivalency exam preparation. Also includes courses in health and foreign languages.
Acellus courses are taught using video-based instruction that works to align a student’s learning experience with their individual needs through customized, personal instructions. Teachers using the Acellus competency-based approach report that it “increases students’ productivity, because the technology enables the measurement of learning” rather than defining academic mastery by measuring the time a student spends enrolled in a course.
The Acellus Learning System provides:
- web-learning courses with standards-based educational content;
- a K-12 education that expands access to career and college opportunities through self-paced online learning;
- a learning management engine for educators; and
enhanced specialized training about web-learning engagement for administrators and teachers.
For more information about IVLA’s Acellus curriculum offering or if you need assistance in registering for Acellus, contact us.